From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:21:58 -0500
Hello Everyone,

Just what is too large? And just what is too small?

Check out what A.I. Root said of this matter as he was developing foundation
milling. He measured natural comb and tried a range of cell sizes for
acceptance before foundation was widely available. Cross reference his
measurements with the table. Cell sizes pretty much correlate with the
foundation available today. And he has lots to say about Prof. U. Baudoux's
experiments. I don't think the American's bought into Europes enlargement ideas.

http://bwrangler.atspace.com/sair.htm

So some beekeepers put bees in cells that are too small. And some put them
into cells that are too big.

But if beekeepers would let the bees do it for themselves the cell size
would be just right.

Check out the rest of the small cell beekeeping on my site. Bees don't draw
out one size worker cell. And small cell bees, large cell bees and feral
bees all drawn out the same kind of cell size distribution. That's what
naturally happens when bees do it there way.

So it's not large or small. But large AND small. And both are important!

And if I were Little Miss Red Riding Hood, I could eat all the bowls of
pourrage. The hot ones. The cold one. And the one this is just right :>)))

Regards
Dennis