Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 18:12:19 -0500
<Randy:Damn, did I fall for it! >

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Training courses, posters, etc. - these are all intended to fool, they
look very real.

And, I suspect that they aren't a scam in the truest sense.

 If you pay them, you get to take their course, buy their posters, or  get
their framed posters and certificates - so you do get something  for your
money.  Its just that the government often provides  the same for free, or its
something you don't have to have or do.

But, the names, look, etc. are clearly made to appear that its something
from the government, its something you must do, and it will cost you  money.

I've the same problem with firms that pop up on  University campuses  and
at state agencies to teach how to write grants.  Obviously they provide
training and a course.  And, they probably know how to write.

Whether any of the instructors ever actually wrote a grant, and more
importantly managed to actually get a grant is another question.   Personally, I
learned by doing, and from my colleagues who were successful, not  from
someone or a firm that charges a hefty fee to more or less tell you how to
follow the appliication instructions.

Jerry