From:
Andreas Sch|ck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 20:23:12 -0400
Murray Reid wrote:

> I am looking for information on beeswax foundation making moulds or
> machines. Need name and address of relevant companies, phone, fax, and
> e-mail etc.
>
> Interested in hand moulds ( like waffle makers) or hand cranked rollers
> (that imprint sheets of plain wax off dipping boards), or presses (sheet
> of wax is sandwiched between 2  plastic embossing panels and is squeezed
> through a ringer or set of plain rollers)  as well as commercial
> sheeting and embossing machines.
>
> Have information on rollers from Tom Industries in the US, Leaf moulds
> from Steele and Brodie in Scotland, as well as the range of Hertzog
> moulds and machines.
>
> Murray Reid
> Ministry of Agriculture
> Private Bag 3080
> Hamilton
> New Zealand   fax 64 7 838-5846

Dear Sir,
we are a bigger wax foundation industrie in Chile. Each year we make
near 60'000 Kgs of wax foundation for local beekeepers. We are in the
bussines for more then 12 years. I told you that to support my
suggestions about wax foundation machines:
1.- The best available machines are made by RIETSCHE from Germany:
    Rietsche Kunstwabenmaschinen
    Fax (07835) 8672
    Biberach/Baden
    Germany.

I can suggest you this machines with closed eyes. They work troubleless
for many years.The cell quality is the best, the rollers are made
from an special aluminium alloy. The wax hardly sticks on the rollers.

2.- About the machines from TOM INDUSTRIES I can tell you that they are
    the worst shit you can buy worldwide. I apologize for my unpolite
    language, but I don't know a word that fit's better for the garbage
    from TOM INDUSTRIES. Two years ago I made the big mistake to buy
    one. The rollers are made from lead !! with a thiny nickel bath,
    that will not last more then a couple of month. The roller bearings
    are quite unprotected. They will rust soon. The wax sticks easy
    on the rollers.

We have made experiences with some other machines but the two I
mentioned are the opposite: the best and the worst.

Good luck,

Andreas Schuck
Mechanical Engineer & Beekeeper