Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:39:20 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (10 lines)
I ordered starline bees from a southern company advertising all packages sent priority mail. I ordered starlines because I am a hobbyist wanting to try the reportedly docile nature of the starlines in hopes of better neighbor relations.  I ordered from this particular company because they advertised priority shipments and I live in a city isolated by about 200 miles from anywhere; even FedEx classifies us as a "remote location."

After checking on my shipment I discovered my bees were not sent from the state I ordered from, but from a contractor in California (since I am a little closer to the contractor), that my starline queen was first priority mailed to the contractor who packaged her with 3 lbs of Italians and shipped them  to me on the 5th.  The problem I have is that the contractor did NOT ship my package priory mail as the company's flyer advertised.  They have been in transit now for nearly 8 days with no sign of delivery and the queen has been in transit for at least an additional 3 days.

It seems to me this is really pushing it.  My assumption is that my package will arrive decimated at the least,  but I don't have much experience shipping bees.   I am hoping for a little advice from the list members on how to proceed.  Is it possible the package will arrive a-OK or should I get started on another order from a different company?  I'm afraid I've lost my chances at an early start this spring.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

S. Wright

ATOM RSS1 RSS2