From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:19:29 -0600
> If it is, the information must be clearly indicated on the label and who
> would want to buy honey from which the pollen had been removed?

You do not have large honey packers in France?

Most honey around the world in bulk is handled in 55 gallon drums. Largely
only from a settling tank with the wax skimmed. By the time the drums reach
the large packer most of the drums are solid crystallized. They are then
placed upside down on  a huge warming grate.  usually the temperature is
around 100F. the honey melts enough to empty from the drum. Once liquid
enough to pump the honey moves through a line and is flash heated (which has
to be done to push through pressure filters.) Then rapidly cooled . Exactly
like Milk and juice. The time involved is very slight. Pasteurization with
honey takes place but filtering is the main goal as is removing all crystals
to give shelf life.

Important:
 the micron of the filters determine the amount of pollen removed. My guess
would be all pollen is removed in many of the plants. I have been told and
read honey will crystallize faster in honey with a large amount of suspended
pollen as the crystals attached to the pollen. Not sure if true?

Reality sets in when you pack several semi loads of a honey a week like
Barkmans in Kansas does.

Fact:
The lowest price on the shelf (usually Barkmans in my area) always sells
the most honey. Local beekeepers (few left in our stores) sell only very
very small  percent of the honey sold.

If you want a not over processed honey in the U.S. you need to find a local
beekeeper or shop a health food store which has checked its source of honey.
Local address does not always mean local honey.

bob