From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2013 14:00:08 -0500
Hi Bil and All

Bil, You have taken on the task of defending the constituent/
ingredient issue.  I note very few supporters taking your position.
To be fair, this list is predominately US based with a few posters
from Canada, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and a few other non-
European countries all of which can be seen as suppliers to European
markets.  Where are most of the other European Bee-L posters as I
recall responses from only Britain and Finland.  We are frequent
visitors to Ireland but have, unfortunately, visited few other
European countries.  In Ireland, finding Irish honey is, in my
experience, almost impossible.  I have found, over several years,
only one location, a tourist trap, with Irish honey.  Local and
national grocery retailers have honey packed in Ireland labeled
'sourced from several countries'.  I once saw New Zealand comb honey
for sale in Dublin at prices which would pay our airfare from Canada
if one of our bags was filled with my comb honey.  If all, or most,
off shore honey was banned, honey would not be available in Ireland
and other EU countries except at very high prices.  Local beekeepers
would likely be pleased with the increased prices for their 'rare
products' but they don't, now, seem to be able to supply the demand.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W