From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2015 16:44:32 -0400
Charles asks:

Have we reached a point where our testing is the problem?  As mentionedbefore you can find anything about anywhere. Are we trying to be insanelystrict??Charles

My response, good question, but:

Actually, many of these non-ag chemicals found in beehives occur at ppm levels, some at hundreds of ppm, not the ppb levels that the public and the ban the pesticide groups worry about.
Granted, many of these chemicals are not as toxic, but we've found arsenic, cadmium, used to find lots of lead (banning lead from gasoline did make a measureable difference, and on the east coast the levels of chemicals like xylene, toluene, benzene at some urban locations exceeded OSHA indoor laboratory limits.

It's like the gluten issue.  Some people don't tolerate it.  But, for those who do, is it better to be on a glutton free diet and increase your arsenic intake, since rice is often used in gluten free, and rice often has elevated levels of arsenic.

Choose your poison, gluten or arsenic?