From:
John Caldeira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 09:36:55 -0600
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> In my limited 25+ years of commercial bee experience, I've learned that
> sticking to the tried and proven standardized basics usually is the safest
>  and most profitable policy.

Yes, the history of beekeeping is full of bad inventions.  The bleeding edge
of technology is risky, too.  "The second mouse gets the cheese," as the
saying goes.

However, innovation also gives us the good inventions.  ~Someone~ had to try
all the new products such as the bee blower, benzaldehyde and Bee-go,
plastic foundation, Terramycin, the radial extractor and automatic
uncappers.  The future will bring us even more good beekeeping inventions.

The good products are usually the only ones that enjoy high customer demand
and survive.  Don't you just love how free enterprise works?

-John

John Caldeira                [log in to unmask]
Dallas, Texas, USA
http://home.earthlink.net/~jcaldeira/beekeeping/