From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:57:39 -0600
Hello All,
If you have not yet had a discussion with a health food person over "really
raw honey" now on store shelves you most likely will in the future. I have
had several!

I always get a kick out of a health food store owner which believes he/she
knows more about honey than a lifetime beekeeper. I may not know about many
of the products in his/her  store but honey I know about.

Maybe a BEE-L person will come forward and explain why they think raw honey
has to be chock full of propolis . The really raw honey people say so.

Why really raw honey is not clear. The really raw honey people say so.

I say hogwash and after my little demo so do my health food store people.
When you get tired of talking use my demo!

I take a 16 oz. comb honey (really raw honey) and cut the cappings off with
a sharp knife and let the honey drain in a bowl in a warm room overnight. We
then pour the honey in a jar the next day.

Presto. CLEAR award wining REALLY RAW HONEY. I have won many awards in honey
competition using the above method!

 I guess a side order of cappings and if you do not mind *green teeth* a
side of propolis could be added for a complete health food treat!

I have been shown two different brands of "really raw honey" and both looks
as if comb and all were put in a blender and a few chunks of propolis were
added for good measure.

Have I guessed the secret formula for making "really raw honey"?

What is the junk on the top of the "really raw honey"  honey? foam coming to
the top from the agitation process?

Is "really raw honey" a  wonderful new product or an inferior product?

Bob thinking out loud:

Maybe I could buy a new concret mixer and put my perfect comb honey in and
toss in a pound of proplis and mix . Then bottle right out of the mixer.
Hmmm. Might be worth the extra trouble if I could triple my selling price!
Never again have to exchange a crystalized bottle on a store shelf! Hmmm.

comments?

Bob