From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 1997 19:38:46 -0400
"Paul Cronshaw, D.C." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>SO naturally I do not want to look thru this hive for a queen.  What is
the
quickest way to flush out a bad queen in a mean hive without pulling apart
their home?  I think we discussed this topic in a previous thread.  It
boiled down to a decision between the mean bees or the wife going!!<<

I would risk the ankle stings again to switch places between this hive and
one of your very calm hives.  Once all of the mean field bees have left to
get nectar they'll return to your calm hive.  The foragers from the calm
will return to your mean hive.  The housekeepers in the mean hive will be
younger and not so quick to attack.  Now you can go in and find the queen.

You don't want to switch places with a weak calm hive though because they
may fight on the landing board.  Don't wait too long to requeen after
switching because mean bees will grow up and become foragers continuing
your problem.  I did this with a mean hive and it worked fine for me.

Ted Wout
Red Oak, TX