Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:36:33 -0400
> I question he is a very knowledgeable beekeeper when he says nosema ceranae
> causes dysentery. Even entry level beekeepers know dysentery is not nosema
> and he should know that nosema ceranae usually shows not staining.
> Beekeeping 101 today!

Revise the book. It does. Verified in Maine.

If the bees can fly, they leave before the tell tale traces appear, but we
have had staining which was tested and was N.C.. Cold winters tend to keep
them around. Most observations of no staining are from warmer climates. Bad
generalization and extrapolation to say there is none.

All beekeeping is local certainly fits here.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine