From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:04:46 -0400
> but when i transfer them to the cell cup holder and into the new hive
> they let the eggs dry up. What am i doing wrong?
There are so many variables in this equation it's a hard question to answer.  I would focus on the hive into which you're putting the primed cups.  Is it in cell building mode?  It should have lots, lots and lots, LOTS AND LOTS of young nurse bees eager to finish the queen cups  It muse be well provisioned (plenty of honey and pollen), and oh yes, did I mention that it must have lots and lots and LOTS of young nurse bees?  It need not be queenless, but if it IS queenless you will have better, almost assured success.  You might try adding pollen patties to make sure it is beyond well provisioned, and while you're adding pollen patties, you might consider adding a few more young nurse bees, no, LOTS more young nurse bees to get the hive focused on nothing other than raising queens.

And then you might search the BEE-L archives for a well authored article titles "Good queens don't just happen!"

Good luck!

Aaron Morris - thinking good queens don't just happen!