From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:57:12 EDT
Searching BEE-L archives is a two step process.  The first step is to
send the service request to the server:
with a line or lines of mail that read:
                 SEARCH BEE-L FOR TOPIC1
or
                 SEARCH BEE-L for 'topic2' since April 1998

LISTSERV will return to sender all references to topic1 in the entire
archives and references to topic2 since April, 1998.  The references
will be the 'post numbers' containing the reference to the requested
topic.  In the same response LISTSERV will include excerpts of the post
which contains the reference to the topic.  If that excerpt shows that the
post is of interest to the user, the user must follow the second step
for archive retrieval, which is to send a service request to LISTSERV
that reads:
                GETPOST BEE-L postnum1,postnum2,...,postnumn

LISTSERV will THEN return to sender the entire post in which the topic(s)
was referenced.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!