From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:14:45 -0600
Jerry,
You mention the possible occurrence of colony losses here in Canada.

Question:
Are these being verified as accurate reports?

National boundaries are "non items" to bees, hence production of maps
indicating reporting areas are biased if information from adjacent
countries is not being incorporated.
Maps are pretty but may help in the drawing of false conclusions.

More to the point:

Are the relevant people being questioned in Canada and Mexico? Is there
any international co-ordination of investigation protocol?

If I may suggest that it would be useful to have areas (read countries)
that are at present "untouched" by the problem primed to report cases if
they occur - this allowing for the development pattern to be traced as
it occurs. This has not been possible I presume in US since the problem
has only been pickup and studied after the situation became acute.

I direct my queries to you since you seem to have taken on the role of
spokesperson for the US investigative efforts.
I have many other questions to ask but realize that is not the place to
do so.
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Peter