From:
Bill Greenrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2012 18:29:19 -0400
So, today I installed a few packages.  Been a while, since I've done that, but I lost some hives over the winter (it was so mild, they ate all their stores, and with all my travel I did not catch it in time).  I've been grafting my own queens, but since changing jobs I travel even more, and I don't think I will be around for all the critical days in the cycle, hence the packages.  A lot easier and quicker to just dump a whole mess of bees into the hive.  Could have tried splits, but not many drones around right now, and with the apples and dandelions just coming into bloom, I did not want to screw up the harvest for my good hives.  I released the queens at the same time as the introduction, something I have never done before, but have read about here (the bees were face on to the cages and calm, one package had even started building comb on the cage).  It will be interesting to see if that works, or if I'll end up recording another stupid human trick.

Anyway, since November I've been dealing with some pretty severe tendinitis in my right elbow, the result of 3+ non-stop hours of using/fighting my heavy duty backpack leaf blower (talk about stupid human tricks) and then lots of mouse use on the computer.  Have tried the forearm bands, exercises, NSAIDs, etc. but I keep re-injuring it and it is pretty painful (and limiting).  While working the bees (which hurt like heck - the elbow, I mean) I thought about how apitherapy is used for arthritis and got to wondering if it would help my elbow.  I know we are talking about two different conditions, but you never know.  Figured I would ask this group, which has seen/read/done just about everything there is to do with bees.

Has anyone ever tried bee stings for tendinitis, specifically tennis elbow?  Did it help, hinder, not do anything?  If it helped, what was the treatment regimen?  I understand no one is a doctor, no one is dispensing medical advice, and it is just anecdotal information (for the lawyers out there).

Thanks,

Bill