From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:26:16 -0700
Question for all:

I went to the bulletin board on beesource.com to check the
posts there for unanswered questions that have been left
unanawered in other areas.

I found one I would like to respond to but am uncomfortable
answering it.

The question in Diseases is from a person in the USA:

My brother and I disected a few of the bees that were
crawling in fromt on my hives. In the abdomens of two of
these bees, we found 1.5mm long maggots (5 in the first
bee, 3 in the second) they looked liked bee maggots only
much smaller. We looked inside a few healthy bees, and
didnt find anything. What kind of maggots are these? where
do they come from? is it a serious problem? Thanks.

Now I pulled out my Honey Bee, Pests, Predators, and
Diseases and looked to try to find a response to help.

The nearest I can find is "Flagellates".

Could I be wrong. Though won't be first time.

Anyone with ideas on what the problem is so a response can
be given to the writer?

Sincerely

Dee A. Lusby