From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 15:51:24 -0500
Fully agree pesticides kill bugs,  that is the point.  I also agree 100%
they are overused.  Your area in particular is dedicated to killing every
mosquito in the state.   Trucks drive around at night and fog.  Any insect
touched by it dies......  I actually had the city mark the route may to
exclude my yard here.

Only wanted to point out,  here in Il,  I have to wear glasses when I ride
my bike.  We use neonics real hard...  and the bugs are so thick bike rides
without classes means your going to get some in your eyes....  and don't
ride head up mouth open.

In the early 80's a guy  came up with the bug shield as Juanse linked to.
After a cpl years you could buy them on from the dealer.  Then from the
factory.  And if you are observant you will notice certain cars collect
more.  My caddy hardly has and issue,  but my suburban could feed the
chickens from windshield scrapings

I asked before and even researched,  what was the insect levels 30 years
ago?  20?? Which bugs??  Wish we had some real data to compare..... I really
do..

I also know that my dad swears when he was a kid ears of corn were much
bigger than they are now..... hes so far wrong its not even close.  But the
perception is there....  I can tell you as a kid I collected lightning bugs
for Jerrys kids.  And right now the lighting bugs are just as thick as they
were then.  That was the late 70's  we got a penny a piece for them.....
made a special net and drove the road ditches in the back of the pickup
truck......

Define the problem and propose a solution that we might be able to sell,
and you will get my support.

Charles