From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 13:38:14 -0500
Seth
>Its not surprising that a TX TF beekeeper dosn't under why people have so much trouble and a ME one can't see how it could possibility succeed.<

Although I do not disagree with this, one does ponder how it fits to a comment made by Randy Oliver in an earlier post.

(My words of what I thought I read and not an actual quote from him)  "Even if randy is sucessful in getting a resistant bee, untill the whole united states has them, you will still not be able to keep bees like days of old cause of the risk of those other non-resistant bees that can water down what he came up with"

So, even if the texas beekeeper does not understand what is happening in ME and vise verse.  If the possibilities are to be met that gives better chance to getting resistant bees spread over the whole land so that everyone could share in the texas example, would not those beekeepers big or small, not be so persuaded that it doesn't work to the point that it gets worse where it may work?  Given a chance, would not the resistant bee have a better chance to move into areas just like they did when there were no bees on the usa and now they are in every state.  And so in those places that it does work, it might be helpful to keep it going and see if ME example comes to it or Texas goes to ME.

I see your point but like all points, there may be a better way and we may not know which it is and so like Peter B. says in an earlier post, we measure and then put human thought to what we measure and then measure some more.

Where I dissagree with only the big guys playing the game is that there are little guys for reasons yet unmeasured having success.  My thoughts are that in those localized areas that are out there that have some kind of background reason that is working, the small guy is not making it worse by taking advantage of it and may be helping if it is agreed that treating with chiemicals keeps us in the same place.

Your point even though true could have more then one way of being looked at if studied.
Cheers
gww