Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 03:06:23 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hello Peter,

Had a similar experience as Lionel.  Caught my hand in the dado blade of my table saw.  Kept the finger tips, but shredded them pretty badly.  Don't have insurance, so went to an urgent care facility because I thought it might cost less, and be quicker than emergency.  They cleaned wounds, but when they found out I had cut into the bone on two fingers, refused to stitch them up, and sent me to emergency anyway.

Urgent care charged me $500.00, and I didn't want to pay another $500 - $1,000 at emergency room, so went home, soaked some gauze in honey and wrapped them.  Changed bandages every day for about 4 weeks or so, again using honey soaked bandages.  After that, pretty much just left them uncovered and let the air get at them.

Bottom line, never got an infection, don't even have any scars, if you can believe it......  I know I saved at least $500.00 or so from skipping the emergency room trip, and probably a lot more if you consider any special medications that they would have prescribed.

I am convinced that honey is an almost miraculous substance!  

Bob 

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Access BEE-L directly at:
http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A0=BEE-L

ATOM RSS1 RSS2