From:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:44:14 -0600
Hi:

Some recent articles have stimulated interest in our electronic hives.  We
now have 21 units on-line in Maryland and 7 in Montana.

As part of the upcoming Eastern Apicultural Society Meeting in Maryland,
we  have planned to host a Friday afternoon field trip to Aberdeen (about
a 30 minute trip) to see these units.  We cordially invite anyone who is
interested in this technology to sign up for this trip.  You will see the
colonies, the electronics, and the computers that are continuously logging
and displaying data.  Of course, if it rains, the bees won't be very
active, but we are hoping for sun.

Cheers

Jerry J. Bromenshenk
http://grizzly.umt.edu/biology/bees