From:
Midnite Bee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 03:10:25 -0500
www.cybertours.com/~midnitebee
Question:Please I.D.
Some bees, or WASPs, or Hornets have set up camp in our lawn. Their heads
are green, yet their bodies have faint yellow and black stripes. They live
underground and cover up the hole to their nest come ~sundown. Have you
ever seen something like this?
        There seems to be a gate-keeper guardian. One green head pops up and looks
around,  like it's watching its hole. These bees are digging up our lawn,
but so far no stings.
Thanks,Midnitebee(Herb)