From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 12:00:14 -0400
Carolyn Ehle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>The flowers of honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica)…
>Growing up in the Virgin Islands papaya…

Thanks Carolyn!
I found a few remedies similar to the above listed below.
I have found 89 referenced ‘remedies’ so far, to add to my 100 remedies
for a bee sting list. ;)

“the first thing to do on being stung by a bee is to remove the sting,
suck the poison out and compress the skin around the lesion; then cold
water should be applied to the sting area and the lesion should be rubbed
with onion.  Parsley leaves, wormwood, mint, fresh honeysuckle berries,
vinegar with water, water with quicklime, volatile alkali or a drop of
phenol, Lysol, thymol, are all good for alleviating pain.” (29)

"The juice of the ripe berry of the common coral honeysuckle (Lonicera
caprifolium) is the best remedy I have ever used for the sting of bees,
wasps, hornets, &c.” (30)

“The leaves of the trumpet honeysuckle species were ground by chewing and
then applied to bee stings.” (31)

“Take fresh papaya, and slice off a slice. Apply it to the bee stings for
about 1 hour.” (38)

Best Wishes,
Joe
feralbeeproject.com