From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:25:12 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

Hopefully I will not get a beekeeper in this discussion saying its  faster
simply light the burlap?

We don't have 'burlap' in the UK, but I assume it is what we call Hessian,
a loosely woven fabric used for potato sacks etc.  I use old sacks no
longer fit for their purpose, leave them out in the rain all winter to start to
rot. For the initial ignition of the season some conflagrating paper might
be  helpful but from then on, you should aways have some charred remains
from the  previous time and it takes only a spark from a lighter to re-ignite.

Chris