From:
"David L. Green" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:06:40 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I can't speak for ragwort and rhododendron, but here (central Louisiana)
 most of our nectar is from privet.  The honey is delicious. >>

  I concur. I never could understand why folks badmouth privet. It is dark,
but it is rich and very fine.  You can often identify old homesteads around
here, though the buildings may be long gone, by the privet "trees" that
survive and bloom profusely. I think privet is introduced -- from China, if
my memory serves, but it has been around a very long time.  And it is one of
our finest honey sources!

Dave Green
The Pollination Home Page:  http://pollinator.com