From:
Scot Mc Pherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:33:32 -0500
Hi dennis,
I have noticed the same regularity in the midrib attachment that you have experienced, however I don't think there is anything special about the attachment. I think this is really just a standard form of transitional comb that starts free form.

I do think what you may be looking for though might best be addressed in one of two options. First option is to wax a starter strip into your tb groove. Then cut it off with a sharp knife or peeler. Second option might be a properly calibrated inverse wiring crimper. Something where you can pour wax into the grooves and then run the tool over the ridge to create the bumps at the right intervals.

Scot Mc Pherson
McPherson Family Honey Farms
Davenport, IA
Bradenton, FL