From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:28:45 -0400
>Hello Joe & All,
>Glad you didn't find one of the editors of the bee magazines or myself were
>responsible!

Hi Bob,

It wasn't my intent to hold anyone
"responsible".  My hunch at the time, was
that since the quote appeared in several of
what I would call 'more reliable publications'
in entomology, science and also few journals
etc. and went viral with the CCD epidemic,
made me suspicious to the <<possibility>>
that it 'may have' been quoted in a beekeeping
publication,  and picked up on by others.

My suspicion was that the quote was fabricated
for political motives, which logically makes beekeepers,
GMO protesters and organic types possible
suspects which <<may>> have a motive to promote
such a thing.

In fact,
it was published in a beekeeping magazine;
the Irish Beekeeper, v.19-20, 1965-66, p74,
citing Abeilles et Fleurs (Bees and Flowers,
the house magazine of Union Nationale de
l'Apiculture Française) for June 1965,

You see,,,
this had to be explored.  I would suspect that
the more reliable publications would get their
source material from other 'more reliable'
publications, so these things had to be explored.

It can be ugly to do this type of investigation,
because of the tight nit community that exists
in beekeeping.  Those that may have got pissed
off at me for inquiring if a bee magazine would
publish such a thing, and bee magazine editors
which may have taken offence to my inquiry,
was simply not my intent to offend anyone.

My style of investigation, lends me to stick my
neck out a bit on these lists, which can open myself
to ridicule and belittlement by others, as sort
of, exampled in some of the replies.

But I will say this,
My style of investigation works tremendously
well in prompting the people having the
resources to respond, and sometimes even come
out of lurking status to do so, with the vital
information I am seeking.

I have seen this "Einstein Quote" questioned
many times on bee lists, not until I stuck my
nose into the fray did the Warre contributor
'Luc' respond with the information I was
seeking.

Lucs information completes the investigation
on the Historical Honeybee Archives into the
Origin of Einsteins Honeybee Prophecy

Thanks to all who participated in the discussion!

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HistoricalHoneybeeArticles/