Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:13:56 -0500
> Again, if any poster ever feels that I have attacked them personally, I
> will
> be glad to publicly apologize or retract.

For all of us here on the BeeL, your apology is accepted :)

Truth is, the recent posts on the BeeL have been very mild compared to times
long ago.  And to be attacked because you use science as backup is not new
here either.

Science is not always correct since there is bad and good science
(climategate anyone?). Too often it can be agenda driven, which is why Bob
always questions any trials conducted by Bayer, and is justified in doing
so.

But, by-in-large, science gets it right more often than wrong, so unless you
can conduct a trial and prove otherwise, you are generally fairly safe in
citing a study.

Personally, Randy, you are one of the good guys on this list, as is Peter B,
even though I disagree, from time to time with both of you. At least you
usually cite something other than anecdotal evidence to back up your
positions. I tend to disagree when you go anecdotal and let your biases seep
in, but that is infrequent. (Since I never do that I can hold myself above
the fray.)

I love Bob's posts becasue of his passion for all things beekeeping. And so
far, things have been very civil compared to the old days. Don't believe me?
just search for FGMO and enjoy.

Bill, the fogger, Truesdell
Bath, Maine