Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 2015 09:25:53 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I would not think that Professor Ratnieks or the University of Sussex are interested in the sale of vaporisers!  The idea is ludicrous.

Your probably correct,  I made that statement based on how poorly that article was written. But the article was not written by Professor Ratnieks,   It was written by a "media expert" at the university.  

One would wonder why the professor would need to have  someone else present his work?    I strongly suspect that had the professor written it,  it would not be as slanted as it is.

Which begs the question why?  At least it did for me.  I have come to the point of questioning almost everything.  Why would we get such a slanted press release?  Not a "notice of article" or a real summary of the research,  but a slanted press release by a non bee student?

Is that a normal procedure?   Anyone who has done the homework on OA knows the ups and downs of both sides,  and would have mentioned as noted here,  the potential safety issue as well.

I suspect when we actually see the  data,  the differences in effect will not be as pronounced as lead to believe by this press release.  I find it very interesting that a Professor at a major school,  would announce with no uncertain terms that he has the answer!  Especially when the work is not new,  revolutionary or insightful.  All that’s mentioned in this release has been done before,  and results published.

The last guy to post such a proclamation I recall was Lu  telling us he had the answer to CCD.

Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2