From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:52:58 -0500
Ted Fischer wrote:

> there are at least three
>considerations to keep in mind:  1) Wet comb attracts wax moths, which
>would have easy access to open frames.  ...>

Is this generally the case?  Are moths attracted to honey, as such?  As I
understood it, wet combs are better in storage, as the honey-film is a
deterrent to the moths.

I have seen moth-larvae damage to light, dry combs, and most severely in
dark dry or wet combs.  The presence of pollen in combs which have
contained brood is the attraction, I thought.

With light, sticky combs in storage, the damage from wax moths has been
very minimal, IME.  Wonder what others have found???

Also, PDB (moth crystals)is ONLY to be used on completely DRY comb,
n'est-ce pas?

JWG