From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 20:11:00 -0500
Sarah said:
> I have chosen the use or non-use of antibiotics and treatments in
> beekeeping.

I don't see if a beekeeper uses antibiotics on his sick bees or simply lets
those bees die and buy others or raise bees from those which survive the
disease (if any) as an ethics issue.
Antibiotics for control of EFB/AFB & nosema are registered and legal to use
in the U.S. ( although not in all countries)

I would write about the ethics of the three big chemical companies.

Now running on the documentary channel is the documentary on GMO and both
sides are allowed to speak their say. The documentary simply interviews both
sides. No bias.

"Life Running out of control"

The end of the road for GMO canola and corn is that if you want to grow
those plants you will have to buy seed and roundup from Monsanto. One
variety of canola and corn in the world with seeds and herbicide only
available from Monsanto. Roundup today is the most widely sold herbicide in
the WORLD.

Once GMO products are used in an area all the canola and corn become GMO (
with sterile seed and only roundup working as a herbicide)

In Canada Monsanto was quick to sue the organic canola growers for STEALING
their product because the wind converted all the organic canola to GMO
canola. Monsanto won the case in the two lower courts but the Canada supreme
court dropped the damages Monsanto won against the organic grower.
Talk about justice being the will of the stronger!

These are also the people which brought you DDT , agent orange and the
cancer causing sugar substitute aspartame.

If you want an ethics story consider big ag.

bob