From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 08:01:41 +0800
Bob said:-

"If you look at pictures I have taken of commercial hives in Florida you
will
see most operations only use a 3/8 piece of plywood (no end pieces) for a
top with a circle hole cut in the center. The top works well in climates
like Florida and has a low cost (as compared to regular migratory tops)."

I assume the bucket is then upended over the hole so that bucket and lid
holes align.
What stops the bucket blowing off on windy days?

I know the obvious answer is the weight of the syrup, but if the bucket
empties quickly and you don't get back in time....
And of course a brick on top will help, but carting bricks around becomes a
pain too!

PeterD
In Western Australia, where the South African cricket team has posted a huge
score for the Ozzies to overcome for victory.
After 13 days of play its now looking like the final 2 days could produce a
result!