From:
Midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:38:49 -0400
Greetings!
> I was also at EAS giving a talk on 'Northern Queens' and would advise
>newbies to requeen up to middle of Sept even as far North as we are.

George seems to rely on his past experiences as a Manhattan Project
"originator"..do not know why he does that....atomic energy is a very useful
tool ..from what I have read and seen on the "History Channel", those people
who were working on this project ,did not know the exact extent of the final
outcome..maybe we should ask the American Veterans ,if this was a good
project..
Weather at EAS?...yes,there was rain and fog at times,humid,also..so
what?..the conference was held indoors.
George was riding in his "Rascal" machine..fluorescent lights and all the
beehavers and beekeepers that were talking to him , surely made him feel the
"weather" was great.
Requeening?..yes.at times I requeen in the fall..what happens if the queen
is not excepted or is inferior in quality?..might be too late to
re-establish a quuenless hive....is this not so? I prefer to requeen in the
spring.
Ambiguous?..aren't we all at times guilty of this "phenomenon"?..I know I
am.
I have been to several workshops at the EAS...there were two or more people
selling their "wares" to justify their topics...i.e.,queens,nucs,Ross
Rounds,Stoller spacers,Hogg cassette,etc.
I have spoken to several sellers about their products..amazing to hear their
ideas about a competitors products,not always on a positive note!
Snake oil?...you have try their products and decide if it is good for you..
sugar/honey feed?..I use both for a food supply in the winter for the bees..

Herb

Holly-B Apiary
P.O.Box 26
Wells,Maine 04090-0026