From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 09:19:10 +0100
Frank

What time of day did you do this?  Best to put wet supers back just before
it gets dark so that the bees do not have much time to start robbing.

Incidentally, I always put the supers UNDER the crownboard so that bees do
not suffocate in the confined and rather airless space between the
crownboard and the roof.

I also have a theory that many bees get sticky when cleaning supers and then
fall down onto the crown board and die.  If the supers are put under the
crownboard these bees will fall down into the broodnest and get cleaned up
by other bees - I never seem to get dead bees doing it this way.

Peter Edwards