From:
Robert Brenchley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 19:14:23 -0400
Hi All.

Is it possible that workers lay eggs more often than we think? There are
persistent reports of eggs above excluders; could these be laid by workers?
Workers of some bee races, capensis for instance, produce diploid eggs
easily; is it possible that European bees do the same at times, as I
believe it has been recorded occasionally? Lots of questions I know, and
I've no experience of any of this, but I see occasional posts on this and
other lists that could be explained if thelytoky is occurring un-noticed.

Regards,

Robert Brenchley