From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:14:51 -0500
> I think there are a number of beekeepers with just a few hives who ... are not taken into account in all the reports.

The Bee Informed Partnership has been actively seeking such beekeepers. I think their data set may be skewed the other way, not enough commercials. However, in the real world the distinction is a lot less important than some think. I think it's fair to say the population of honey bees is pretty homogenous, except in some isolated pockets. For the most part, we are all using the same bees. Now there are measurable genetic differences but I am not convinced they translate into significant differences in health, except AHB alleles that may confer some degree of disease resistance.

PLB