From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:07:48 -0800
Hi all:
I have seen this post a lot on other lists:

> I count anything that's red or brown the same. I don't
try to count the white ones. First of all they wouldn't
have survived, and second they are hard to find.

My to Posts like this:
Only one problem be it red or brown or white.......namely
is it varroa, and then knowing there are different types of
varroa and some not like ones beekeepers most think about,

technically you have to sort by what is the problem varroa
from the unproblem mites or you get just mite
counts and then treat.....

WRONGLY!!!.....

hurting then the delicate balance inside a beehive that has
always been there with co-existance........

Then to consider...........if you put the BAD varroa then
back into harmony with the bees and they are no longer a
problem............

Just what are beekeepers doing by treating
hives..............????? except to make jobs and imbalance
for themselves and poor bees..........

Is this PROPER.............and how did we get down this
road?

So question again: If you are seeing white and now you say
red or brown mites ARE THEY THE SAME species???? Are you
looking to see or just looking for mites and yak yak to say
hey I got mites so you can belong to the problem gig!!!!!!

But knowing you can control and no problem say with SC
regression as many are doing  today.............now it's
time to start looking to see what has been going on and
with hindsite see just what are the mites falling??????

For if scientists can tell them apart ..........are they
laughing at us and getting free work given to them sort of
at who's expense.............or are beekeepers just that
dumb not to have listened close to them for what they said
and follow more corrective paths to help themselves get
their hives better?

So again.........if they can easily be told apart with
looking closely.........

It's about time to start and so again since I have already
mentioned the subject on another post here:

HOW DO YOU SORT THE MITES FALLING AND YOU ARE SEEING!!! And
yes I am shouting this...........for the white and red and
brown, etc cannot all be the same!

You certainly just don't see mite and treat do you??? Think
about it and consider from hindsite now what is actually
happening for unbalance and work and who's expense?

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona
htto://groups.yahoo.com/group/organicbeekeepers/

(http://voice.yahoo.com)