From:
Best of Bee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 10:57:41 +1100
Some on the list may remember previous discussions concerning the
National Beekeepers' Assn of NZ's American foulbrood Pest Management
Strategy.  The strategy has now been 'notified' in New Zealand, and I
have made a copy of it available on the WWW.

New Zealand has historically treated AFB in a manner differently from
most other countries.  I'm not posting this to try to start an
argument about the rights/wrongs advantages/disadvantages of various
approaches.  I think it is mostly important that the beekeepers *own*
whatever system of disease regulation might be in place.

This is the one we are proposing for *ourselves* and I thought some
members of the list might be interested in reading the justification
and details!

Point your browser at

http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw

Cheers!