From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:17:32 -0400
> I badly need photos of the two types of varroa.

The classic mug shots are here:
http://bee-quick.com/reprints/varroa_oops.jpg

For those who don't know the whole Marx
Brothers Film Festival saga I like to call
"Mite Bee, Might Not Be", one of the more
embarrassing face-palm events in the history
of "bee science" was the lack of any question
from anyone for years about the massive
differences in gross morphology between the
upper mite (Jacobsoni) we were told we had,
and the and the lower mite (Destructor) that
we actually did have.

Everyone missed it - me included.