From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:10:41 -0500
Greetings
At times I have been taken to task for being overly critical of
non-mainstream theories and unconventional approaches. (As an aside, I
am also quite critical of the mainstream and conventional.)  I
recently read of a study of the effects of blessing food on the
persons whom eat it. The author points out that harsh criticism can
have effect negative results upon ongoing inquiry. He further contends
that successful experiments may actually be harmed retroactively by
subsequent negative critiquing. To wit:

> Although it is necessary to maintain a skeptical stance in science, persons holding explicitly negative expectations should not be allowed to participate for the same reason that dirty test tubes are not allowed in biology experiments; if one is testing the role of intention, then vigilance is required about the intention of all individuals involved in the test. This would extend to people who are aware of the experiment but are not otherwise involved; it may even extend to people who learn about the experiment in the future after the study is completed. Given theoretical support and experimental evidence for retrocausal effects, replication of intentional phenomena may be inherently limited because once conducted and published, an experiment might be influenced by a potentially infinite number of future intentions ...

EFFECTS OF INTENTIONALLY ENHANCED CHOCOLATE ON MOOD
by Dean Radin, PhD  EXPLORE September/October 2007, Vol. 3, No. 5

see "The Annals of Improbable Research"
http://improbable.com/