Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:50:32 -0500
What I find interesting is that Bob says that first he puts it into the freezer (he does not specify, but I assume liquid), then after it comes out, it is beautifully creamed.  (Again, he does not say, but I assume he means immediately after it warms up) it is creamed.

I find that interesting and contrary to my experience.  We used to put liquid honey into the freezer to keep it liquid for periods of time, and actaually found that the 'freezing' process seemed to extend the time it took to granulate after coming out, compared to the time it would have taken to set if not 'frozen'.

Lloyd may comment, but when we produced Ross Rounds, we placed our crop into frozen storage for months or years to delay granulation, and that worked very well.

Of course, honey does not actally 'freeze' at any temperature we can achive, since it is a supersaturated sugar solution at low temps. Perhaps some agitation was involved, stimulating precipitation?