Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 15:52:43 +1200
What if you split two hives and mixed them 50/50 to get two 'identical' (apart
from the queen) hives? If the same hive keeps producing more propolis it would
tend to negate the genes of the workers. You could then swap the queens over. If
no change that negates the queen. You could then swap the boxes over (location)
keeping the bees in the same location. If the propolis production stays with the
box that would suggest an environmental factor. If it stayed put, then I guess
we'd be back to thinking about one of the mysteries of beekeeping.

RL