From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 22:25:29 -0600
>I said "soft treatments are known to have
problems bringing down high loads".

Soft treatments work for those beekeepers which treat at the right times and
weather cooperates.

For best results use as needed (3-4 times a year?) and at times a longer
treatment period.

I am a bit surprised at the knock down Randy posted with only a single 25
ml. treatment but at times tymol surprises us and other times disappoints.

Tymol from my calculations is much cheaper than the new formic treatment and
looking at the results Randy posted the formic treatment *might* not be
worth the extra bucks but does work for tracheal mites?

I might add that a few beeks I speak with consider apiguard and miteaway 2 a
waste of time and money but they will not share the method they are using or
a place I can pick up the ingrediants.

Apiguard & formic & oxalic is what I use now .

25 ml apiguard three times and I keep the treatment on for the maximum label
treatment period. (14 days). Making the treatment period 6 weeks. Peter
Edwards (at his website) I believe uses four doses. Not sure how ofter he
adds thymol but Peter was using thymol when thymol use was not cool!
Maybe Peter will comment?

bob