From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 11:52:57 EDT

> How does space requirements layed out relate to absconding for  generating
same?????? Can beekeeping be that haphazzard in field managemt in
manipulation of combs?

Dee:
I can't comment regarding housel positioning in broodnest as I don't
practice that at present.  However, I do generally practice  unlimited brood nest
management and rarely see swarming/absconding.  The  absconding I have seen is
always in weaker nucs/hives or  hives with too much super space to defend
against summer/fall  buildup here in small hive beetle populations.  Your field
management  practices work very well for you in your area, but might need some
tweaking in other areas of country for local conditions.

Respectfully,

Jerry Wallace

______Give  spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the
all-new Yahoo!  Mail Beta.

* Full  guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:          *
*  http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm   *