From:
INFORMED Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:08:07 -0500
When we get the on-line beehive fully operational, it will controlled by a
computer named BEEKEEPER.  It will have its own direct link address at

http://beekeeper.dbs.umt.edu.

This address is NOT FUNCTIONAL at this time.  It will be in the near future.

BEEKEEPER will be brought to you in part by funds provided by THE MONTANA
STATE BEEKEEPERS ASSOCIATION and by THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA.

The technology was developed under a series of grants and contracts from a
variety of sources.

We expect a few bumps in the road, so have patience.

Also, remember that we are in Montana, are on Montain Standard Time, and
are just coming out of winter.  Typically, the bees don't even think about
leaving the hive before 10:00 a.m. and may not even fly on any given day.
By 3:00 p.m. they are done.

If you dial in from Europe or Asia, you will likely get a black screen.  At
night, the lights are off and the camera won't see anything.  We have
already gotten complaints about "blackness".
Jerry J. Bromenshenk, Ph.D.
Director, DOE/EPSCoR & Montana Organization for Research in Energy
The University of Montana-Missoula
Missoula, MT  59812-1002
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel:  406-243-5648