Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:44:31 -0500
<Bob said:  The most important point from the study is beekeepers  need a
better ( and
cheaper) control for use in apiaries in which nosema  ceranae levels are
causing problems. Fumagillin needs replaced.>

On this point we agree.  Dr. Cramer has said from the very beginning  that
Fumagillin  is an odd choice, that it has both cytotoxic and  genotoxic to
mammals, so it may both pose a hazard to the applicator, if  used carelessly,
and it may also compromise the immune system of  bees.  He initially asked
me if he should research these issues, and  my answer, which he is following
is to just assume we need better treatment  options, pursue alternatives.

Jerry