From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:02:20 -0800
Well, I can't say enough about Orlando, another great ABF conference, my fourth in five years.  I hung out mostly in the Serious Sideliner Symposium, though it's due for a make over calling it the "Serious Small-scale Producer" venue.

Larry Connor did a great job.  And unfortunately, too many good talks scheduled for the same time slot.  I tried to bounce between rooms to catch the most pertinent talks.  I took lots of notes and too many to really try explain in this limited space.

HOWEVER! I most intrigued by the *new* CCD that is becoming pandemic at every ABF conference.

In Orlando, everytime we had a break and I wandered into the trade show for some light refreshments, THE COOKIES WERE ALL GONE!  I wandered around the room with my coffee (sans cookie) watching, coveting those lucky few who got out early enough to pick up three cookies.  I had none.  I waited for more cookies to come out.  Nope.  You snooze you lose, you visit with your colleagues, someone gets your cookies.

Therefore, the *new* CCD is the Conspiratorial Cookie Deficiency.  And it's not new.  It was the same in Louisville, Sacramento, Reno and again in Orlando.

I want some research funds directed to this dire need!  Perhaps we can remedy this new plague by the time we meet in Galveston.  I'll be there.  Hope you can make it as well.

Grant
Jackson, MO