From:
William Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:07:22 -0500
Jerry;

Thanks for the land mine locator update.  I worked on a beekeeping project
in Croatia in the mid 1990's and traveled all over the country.  Every
office I visited had field maps of the local area with known mined areas
clearly marked.  I know the enemy had come in and blown the bridges and
mined the stream banks.  At that time it was not uncommon for feral pigs to
'find' land mines in the forest, with a resulting explosion.  One of my
colleagues wanted to take me fishing every weekend and he insisted he knew
where the mine fields were.  I passed.  I did meet several beekeepers who
had lost family members to mines.  The Balkan wars were terrible.

keep up the good work!

Bill Lord
Louisburg, NC