Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 17:18:27 GMT
>>I don't understand what's "unsustainable" about conventional
agricultural practices.

Ask farmers to drink water from the wells on their farms and try to conceive babies.  The ground water has been poluted and that's 'unsustainable.'  Women who want to have babies have to drink filtered water or buy clean water.  Who is going to clean up the aquafiers and ground water?  Does anyone care what kind of environment our kids and grandkids will inherit from the 'baby boomers from hell.'?  The honest truth is the same baby boomers can start setting things right.

Oversized animal stock feedlock have polluted ground water and rivers.  Never mind the stench from hog farms.

The way we raise & process food is unhealthy to the land and ourselves.  But we stick our heads in the sand and blame the 'genetics.'

I don't buy the theory that viruses are the root cause of CCD.  They may be one of the nails in the coffin but not the root cause.  Viruses have been around for a long time and are not going anywhere.  Bees have developed immune systems to deal with them.

Waldemar