From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:24:50 -0400
>Okay, I guess I got that wrong, thanks for all the advice.  I could have
>sworn I had read somewhere that horses and bees don't get along.  Sounds
>like my over active imagination again.  Actually this is great as I
>don't want to move the hives, it's a great spot.  If anything comes of
>it I'll let you know.

Horses and bees do have problems at times. Not to be too alarmist but it was
only a few years ago here in Florida that one of our state bee inspectors
was telling me about his being called in a lawsuit where the horse had to be
put down after an incident with neighbors bees.

The bees were getting into the watering trough of the horse, the horse got
spooked and started running around, the bees got confused and started flying
around and things just got out of hand.

If you are talking about an open pasture area were the horses can roam
around and get away from any bees that may be bothering them then I do not
think that what happened above could be much of an issue. Just make sure
your bees have access to water and that should keep them away from the
troughs.