From:
Nick Wallingford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 05:27:46 +1200
> > And does anyone know where I can find plans for a wiring jig
> > and instructions on how to wire frames?  I've got 40 frames to wire,
> > and none of the proper tools to get them tight enough.

A neat gadget that I found very useful is a wire crimper.  It is a
set of two toothed wheels that can clamp over the wire and then drag
along.  It has the effect of creating a regular series of crimps that
don't appreciably weaken the wire, but make it, effectively, shorter.
So therefore tighter!  I don't use it so much when wiring new
frames, but it is most useful for reusing frames when the wiring has
sagged after melting out wax, etc.

Eric's comments on the use of a wiring board (such as the type with a
cam arrangement) are very true - they are easy to use and create good
tight wires...

  (\           Nick Wallingford
 {|||8-        home [log in to unmask]
  (/           work [log in to unmask]